Ethical & Sustainable
- If you have taken your Nova Diamonds jewelry to another jeweler for service, this voids our warranty.
- Repair, resizing, and refinishing services are non-transferable. If services are requested by someone other than the original buyer, a fee will apply.
- No warranty is available on center stones valued over €200.
- Always contact us right away if your Nova Diamonds jewelry becomes damaged.
- Our warranty applies to manufacturing issues, not normal wear and tear.
- The buyer is responsible for shipping to and from our atelier, including customs fees for international clients. Many countries do not require clients to pay VAT charges twice on the same piece of jewelry, but it is the client’s responsibility to inquire with their customs office about this, and to pay any required fees.
- Repair requests can be submitted online by emailing us on info.
- No warranty is available on center stones with a replacement value over €200.
Ethical & Sustainable
- Just as the sun’s harmful rays can damage our skin, light and heat can affect a colored gemstone’s durability and color. Over time, and in excess, they can also fade or damage some gemstones, such as ruby, emerald and sapphire. Pearls will bleach under extreme exposure to light.
- Excessive heat and sudden temperature changes may also fracture some gems. Heat can easily remove the natural moisture these gems need to keep their beauty.
- Exposure to chemicals can damage or discolor precious metals – such as gold – and may harm your gems. Even everyday substances like hairspray, lotion, perfume or other cosmetics can contain chemicals that will permanently damage the surface of your pearls and other delicate or porous gems (like turquoise). Our jewelry should be removed before diving into a chlorinated swimming pool or before using household cleaners. Many of these cleaners contain ammonia, which can be too harsh for beautiful yet delicate gems. Chlorine bleach, another common household solvent, can pit or damage gold alloys. Keep them away from vinegar, lemon and acidic foods as well.
- While you can purchase a professional ultrasonic cleaner for €150 or less, you should be aware that not all gems and jewelry can be safely cleaned in it. We therefore don’t recommend using these for our hand made jewelry.
- We recommend cleaning our gemstones and jewelry with luke warm water, mild dish soap (no detergents) and a soft fine brush. Be sure to rinse your jewelry in a glass of water to remove cleaning solutions since you risk losing loose stones – or even an entire piece of jewelry – if you rinse directly in the sink.
- Place each item separately – not jumbled together when storing your jewelry.
- Proper jewelry storage is often overlooked. Jewelry should never be tossed into a drawer or on top of a dresser − that’s asking for scratches and damaged gems. Our jewelry come in a special box, which is the perfect place to keep them. Jewelry boxes that feature individually padded slots for rings and posts for hanging necklaces and bracelets are also great of course.
- When traveling, protect your jewelry from scratches or other impact damage by padding it in a separate box or case.
- Regularly clean your jewelery with a dry soft, clean cloth to maximize shine.
- We love working up a sweat in a workout but fortunately your jewelry does not need the same fitness routine to stay looking good. We therefore recommend taking off your jewelry when performing sports.
Ethical & Sustainable
Pearls are organic and relatively soft, but with gentle, loving care they can keep their beauty through generations. First and foremost, remember the adage “pearls should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you should take off.” Here’s how to keep them looking good and retain their shine.
- A pearl’s skin can be damaged by chemicals found in lotions, cosmetics and perfumes. This is why your pearls should be put on after your hair and make up are completely done.
- It varies from person to person, but perspiration can affect a pearl’s surface. It’s not a bad idea to wipe them clean with a soft cloth after you wear them.
- To clean pearls, use a soft, damp cloth. If the pearls are particularly dirty you can use a tiny dot of mild soap to help remove grit and grime.
- Pearls can be easily scratched by metals, gem stones or any other hard substance, so it’s important to store them separately from your other jewelry or wrapped in a soft cloth or pouch.
- Pearls like being stored in breathable materials like silk and it’s said they can become dehydrated if locked for long periods of time in a box.